Yogurt Cheese Pierogi with Shaved Beets & Orange Salad in Sherry Vinaigrette
- Yield: 5 (3 to 4 Servings)
- Ready In:
Developed for Redwood Hill and Green Valley Organics Lactose Free by Chef Billy Brigsten. Based in New York, Chef Brigsten specializes in creating menus for restaurants and private clients that are free of allergens and full of things people love to eat.
- In a bowl, pour the flour and make a well in the middle.
- Blend the rest of the ingredients together and pour them into the well, stirring and gradually incorporating the flour into the wet ingredients.
- Bring it all together and form into a ball, kneading for just a few minutes.
- Wrap it and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- With a rolling pin, roll the dough out on a lightly floured tabletop. Roll the dough out to a thickness of about 1/8 inch and cut out rounds with a glass or other appropriate mold.
- Brush a bit of water around the perimeter of the cut pieces and place a scant tablespoon of yogurt cheese in the middle and fold it over to make a half moon.
- Boil in salted water for approx. 5 minutes.
Toss the beets, orange segments, and scallions with the vinaigrette. Set the cooked pierogi atop the salad.
- Course: Entrée
- Skill Level: Beginner