Yogurt Cheese Cake
- Yield: 5 (3 to 4 Servings)
- Ready In:
The slightly tart flavor of this cheese cake makes it a natural topped with fresh berries.
- Graham Cracker Crust:
- 2 cups graham crackers crushed
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 16 ounces Redwood Hill Farm Chevre plain flavor
- 1 cup Redwood Hill Farm Goat Milk Yogurt plain or vanilla flavor
- 3 egg(s)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 3 tablespoons honey or 5 Tbsp sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- zest of one lemon
- Combine ingredients well and press mixture firmly onto sides and bottom of an 8-inch pie pan or cheese cake pan.
- Bake for ten minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool before adding the filling.
- Combine and beat eggs, chevre and yogurt. Beat until smooth. Add remaining ingredients, beating until well blended.
- Pour into cooled crust and bake at 450 degrees for ten minutes. Cool oven to 350 degrees and bake an additional 35 to 45 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean). Cool.
- If desired, mix 3/4 cup sour cream or creme fraiche, 1 tablespoon honey, 1/2 tablespoon vanilla and pour over cake.
- Bake 5 minutes at 425 degrees.
Let cake cool and chill well before serving.
- Course: Dessert
- Skill Level: Beginner