What’s the secret to the best waffle recipe? Goat milk kefir, of course!
The Best Waffle Recipe
- Yield: 3 to 4 Servings
- Ready In:
The original recipe is from The Baker's Companion Spring 2007 with one change to the recipe that makes all the difference in the world to the texture and taste: kefir!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups Redwood Hill Farm Goat Milk Kefir plain flavor
- 1/2 cup butter melted and cooled to room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached cake flour (preferred) or unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup pecan meal (optional)
- In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, kefir, melted butter, and vanilla.
- In another bowl whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients just until smooth.
Spray your waffle iron with a nonstick cooking spray before preheating it. For an 8 inch round waffle iron, use about 1/3 cup batter. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the iron stops steaming and waffles are golden.
- Course: Breakfast
- Skill Level: Beginner