Recipe: Tandoori Chicken Roll-ups
Tandoori Chicken Roll-ups
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tbsp. Peeled, thinly sliced fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 1/4 tsp. each ground cumin & dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 English cucumber (approx 1 lb.) ends trimmed
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 12 - 8 flour tortillas
- Place chicken on a shallow plate and with a fork, prick meat lightly all over. In a blender/food processor, process ginger & garlic until minced. Add yogurt, pepper, cumin, oregano, salt & pepper; process until smooth.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of yogurt mixture over chicken, turning to coat both sides. Let stand 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Halve cucumber lengthwise. With a spoon, scoop out and discard any seeds. Thinly slice cucumber and place in a medium bowl. Add vinegar and sugar, toss lightly, and set aside.
- Place tortillas on an ovenproof platter/pie plate, cover with a moistened kitchen towel and warm in oven 12 to 14 minutes.
- Place a nonstick skillet over high heat until very hot.
- Add marinade-coated chicken and cook until deep golden brown and cooked through, 4-5 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board, let cool slightly and slice thinly.
- Place 2-3 chicken slices on a warm tortilla and top with 2 tablespoons of drained cucumber slices 1 tablespoon yogurt dressing. Roll up and place on a serving plate.
- Course: Appetizer