Strawberry Yogurt Pie
- Yield: 5 (3 to 4 Servings)
- Ready In:
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, rinsed & hulled
- 3 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 Envelope (1/4 oz) unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp grated orange peel
- 1 Graham cracker pie crust, 9-inch
- 1/2 cup miniature or regular chocolate chips
- Coarsely chop about 1/2 the strawberries to equal 1 1/2 cups chopped berries (reserve remaining ones for garnish).
- In a 2-3 quart pan over medium heat, stir chopped strawberries, sugar & gelatin until gelatin and sugar are dissolved and mixture is boiling.
- Remove from heat and stir in yogurt, vanilla and orange peel until well blended (Chunks of strawberries will be visible).
- Pour into pie crust.
- Chill until set, at least 6 hours, or cover with plastic wrap and chill up to 1 day.
Just before serving, sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over top of pie. Slice remaining strawberries. Cut pie into wedges, serve with sliced berries.
- Course: Dessert
- Skill Level: Beginner