Strawberry, Walnut and Goat Cheese Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette
- Yield: 5 (3 to 4 Servings)
- Ready In:
from Laurel Miller, The Oakland Tribune, CA
- For vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil grape seed or canola
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses (available at Middle Eastern groceries)
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons vinegar red wine
- 1 teaspoon shallot finely minced
- Salt to taste
- For salad:
- 6 cups mesclun
- 1 cup strawberries hulled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup walnuts broken into pieces, toasted, and skins removed
- 3 ounces Redwood Hill Farm Chevre plain flavor, crumpled
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Whisk all the vinaigrette ingredients together and set aside
- Arrange greens into a mound on four separate plates.
- Top greens with berries, drizzle with dressing, and add walnuts and goat cheese.
- Season with a twist of freshly ground pepper. Serve immediately.
- Course: Salad
- Skill Level: Beginner
Tags: Fresh Chèvre