This recipe call for the perfect combination of fresh herbs and young salad greens to compliment the bursts of flavor from diced Redwood Hill Raw Feta and Kalamata olives. Adapted by Michelle Anna Jordan from Rosemary Barrons, Flavors of Greece
Spring Green Salad with Redwood Hill Farm Feta Cheese and Olives
- Yield: 4 (3 to 4 Servings)
- Ready In:
Adapted by Michelle Anna Jordan from Rosemary Barrons, Flavors of Greece
- 1 heart romaine lettuce rinsed and dried (inner leaves)
- 4 cups mixed young greens such as baby spinach, watercress, curly endive, arugula, mizuna
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt plus more to taste
- Black pepper in a mill
- 1/4 cup fruity olive oil Plus more to taste
- 3 Tbsp Italian parsley minced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives pitted and sliced in half
- 4 to 6 ounces Raw Milk Feta Goat Cheese cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 4 scallions trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp oregano dried, Greek
- Tear the romaine leaves into bite-size pieces and place them in a large salad bowl with the other greens.
- In a small non-reactive bowl, combine the lemon juice, salt, and several turns of black pepper. Stir to dissolve the salt. Slowly whisk in the olive oil, taste, and correct the seasoning; if the dressing is too tart, add a little more olive oil.
- Pour the dressing over the greens and toss quickly until the greens are evenly coated.
- Scatter the parsley, olives, feta, scallions, and oregano over the salad, toss again, and serve.
- Course: Salad
- Skill Level: Beginner