Adapted by Michelle Anna Jordan from Rosemary Barrons,
Flavors of Greece
Spring Green Salad with Redwood Hill Farm Feta Cheese and Olives
- Yield: 4 (3 to 4 Servings)
- Ready In:
Adapted by Michelle Anna Jordan from Rosemary Barrons, Flavors of Greece
- 1 heart romaine lettuce rinsed and dried (inner leaves)
- 4 cups mixed young greens such as baby spinach, watercress, curly endive, arugula, mizuna
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt plus more to taste
- Black pepper in a mill
- 1/4 cup fruity olive oil Plus more to taste
- 3 Tbsp Italian parsley minced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives pitted and sliced in half
- 4 to 6 ounces Redwood Hill Farm Raw Goat Milk Feta cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 4 scallions trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp oregano dried, Greek
- Tear the romaine leaves into bite-size pieces and place them in a large salad bowl with the other greens.
- In a small non-reactive bowl, combine the lemon juice, salt, and several turns of black pepper. Stir to dissolve the salt. Slowly whisk in the olive oil, taste, and correct the seasoning; if the dressing is too tart, add a little more olive oil.
- Pour the dressing over the greens and toss quickly until the greens are evenly coated.
- Scatter the parsley, olives, feta, scallions, and oregano over the salad, toss again, and serve.
- Course: Salad
- Skill Level: Beginner