Sorrel has a bright, lemony flavor which pairs beautifully with our creamy Camellia in this fresh spring salad.
Recipe: Sorrel with Warm Camellia, Radishes & Shallot Vinaigrette
Sorrel with Warm Camellia, Radishes & Shallot Vinaigrette
- Yield: 2 to 3 Servings
This appetizer is simple, beautiful and delicious, with tangy sorrel and crisp radishes providing lively counter-points to the rich cheese.
- 1 small shallot minced
- 1 tbsp. white vinegar
- pinch Kosher salt
- 8 to 10 radishes trimmed
- 5 oz Redwood Hill Farm Camellia
- 4 cups sorrel shredded
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Put the shallot into a small bowl, cover with vinegar and add a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Cut the radishes into match-stick size and set aside.
- Put the cheese in a nonstick pan and set in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes, until the cheese is warm but not melted.
- Meanwhile, put the sorrel into a mixing bowl and season with salt and about a tablespoon of olive oil. Toss well and divide among 3 to 4 plates.
- Stir the remaining olive oil into the shallot and vinegar mixture.
- When the cheese is ready, remove it from the oven and divide it among the servings, setting it on top of the sorrel. Scatter radishes over each portion and spoon vinaigrette over each salad, drizzling it over everything. Serve immediately, with hot hearth bread alongside.
- Course: Salad
- Skill Level: Beginner