Roast Chicken and Mango Salad with Yogurt
- Yield: 5 (3 to 4 Servings)
- Ready In:
from Bon Appetit magazine This recipe is a wonderful mix of flavors and textures. Serve it with warm flatbread, such as naan.
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp mango chutney large pieces finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 teaspoons water (or more)
- 1 5- ounce package arugula
- 1 3- pound roast chicken boned, meat coarsely shredded into bite-size pieces (about 5 cups)
- 1 large mango, peeled, pitted, sliced or 2 large peaches, halved, pitted, sliced
- Plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds* or cumin seeds
- Whisk first 4 ingredients and 1� teaspoons water in small bowl to blend. Add more water by teaspoonfuls if dressing is too thick. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place arugula in large bowl. Add half of dressing and toss to coat.
- Divide arugula among plates. Scatter chicken and mango over each serving.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing.
- Top each serving with dollop of yogurt; sprinkle with nigella seeds.
- *Pungent and peppery seeds (also called kolonji or black onion seeds); available at Indian markets and from adrianascaravan.com
- Course: Salad
- Skill Level: Advanced