Redwood Hill Farm Chèvre and Pablano Chile Pesto
- Yield: 5 (3 to 4 Servings)
- Ready In:
from Sheana Davis, Glen Ellen, CA
- 4 ounces Redwood Hill Farm Chèvre
- 1/2 cup pine nuts roasted
- 1/2 cup Pablano Chiles grilled or roasted, peeled with seeds removed or use canned Pablanos
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper grilled or roasted, peeled and seeds removed
- 1 tsp garlic fresh, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, washed and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp olive Oil O Lime Olive Oil or other lime flavored oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roast pine nuts for 4-8 minutes or until golden. Watch carefully to avoid burning.
- Remove from oven and pour into bowl and allow to cool.
- Over a BBQ, cut pepper in half and grill until soft and skin is peeling away from pepper. If using an oven, cut peppers in half and roast for 30 minutes or until skin is peeling away from pepper.
- Remove as much skin as possible and set aside.
- In a food processor, add in all peppers, garlic, cilantro, olive oil, lime olive oil and pulse together.
- Add in chevre and pulse until it creates the desired pesto consistency.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Course: Appetizer
- Skill Level: Beginner
Tags: Fresh Chèvre