We’re lucky to have an abundant supply of beautiful Meyer lemons year-round at the farm. This recipe was adapted from Bon Appetit’s Lemon-Buttermilk Sherbet, June 2001. We replaced the buttermilk with an equal amount of Redwood Hill Farm Goat Milk Kefir for a bright refreshing treat. It can be made 3 days ahead. Keep frozen.
Lemon Kefir Sherbet
- Yield: 7 cups
Bright, refreshing classic sherbet with a twist: Redwood Hill Farm Goat MIlk Kefir!
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice Use fresh, organic Meyer lemons if possible
- 4 cups Redwood Hill Farm Goat Milk Kefir
- Heat the lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan just until the sugar dissolves.
- Add kefir; stir.
- Chill in the refrigerator until very cold, about 4 hours.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's instructions. (we processed for 20 min.)
- Course: Dessert
- Skill Level: Beginner
Tags: goat kefir