This is a classic lemon cake recipe that owner Jennifer Bice has been making with her award-winning chèvre for years. Arrange your tiny lemon cakes on a pretty serving platter, dust with powdered sugar and garnish with slices of lemon. Based on a recipe from Judith Maguire, pastry chef at Lalime’s Restaurant in Berkeley, CA, this simple recipe is sure to become one of your favorites, too.
- Ready In:
A classic lemon cake baked in mini muffin pans
- 8 oz Redwood Hill Farm Chevre
- 1/2 cup sugar granulated
- 2 tbls. flour
- 2 small lemons lemon zest
- 2 egg(s) separated
- Mix chevre, sugar, flour, zest and egg yolks together with a rubber spatula.
- Beat whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold beaten whites into cheese mixture.
- Fill buttered mini-muffin pans 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350.
- Cool for ten minutes and then flip out of pans.
- Cool completely before serving. Top with fresh berries.
- Course: Dessert
- Skill Level: Moderate