Who says holiday dishes can’t be healthy? By adding kefir and fibrous parsnips to traditional mashed potatoes your guests will enjoy up to a whopping 10 grams of fiber per serving without missing a beat. A tummy-taming pour of Redwood Hill Farm Goat Milk Kefir adds creaminess, a delightful tang and beneficial bacteria to boot. For a lactose free option use our Green Valley Organics kefir. Try our tempting add-ons to take this showstopper over the top.
Switch It Up, Switch It Out
We whipped up our Parsnip-Tater Mash with goat’s milk kefir because we love its creamy texture and rich tanginess. But if you’re out of Redwood Hill Farm Plain Goat Kefir or have a hankerin’ for cow’s milk products, our Green Valley Organics Lactose Free Kefir, Yogurt or Sour Cream make fine alternatives. Each adds an exceptional creaminess and nutty flavor without any lactose. Substitute the kefir and yogurt 1:1 and the sour cream 3/4 cup per every one cup of kefir. Substitute Redwood Hill Farm Plain Goat Yogurt 1:1 too!
Marvelous Mix-Ins and Toppers (choose one or more)
- 1/4 cup fresh minced chives
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley mixed with 1 Tbs. lemon zest
- 1/3 cup walnuts sauteed in olive oil, salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup crispy shallots
- 4 strips crisp apple wood-smoked bacon
- thinly sliced 1 cup thinly sliced greens (kale, spinach, chard) sauteed with garlic
- 2/3 cup chopped roasted red peppers, green olives and capers