Our CFO, Darlene Brazil, contributed this delicious chocolate cake recipe at the peak of zucchini season. It was a big hit in the office. If you’re looking for moist, rustic, doubly-chocolatey comfort-food, here you go. You will love the rich flavor of the cake made with goat milk kefir. Top this irrestible chocolate cake simply with sifted powdered sugar, or go rich with your favorite buttercream or cream cheese frosting. For a ‘better-for-you’ cream cheese frosting, try this favorite of the chef’s at Redwood Hill Farm: Classic Cream Cheese Frosting Using Chèvre.
Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Ready In:
Delicious chocolate cake recipe with unique ingredients for moistness: goat milk kefir and zucchini!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 egg(s)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup Redwood Hill Farm Goat Milk Kefir plain flavor
- 1 tsp vinegar white
- 2 1/2 cups flour unbleached
- 4 tbsp cocoa unsweetened
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups zucchini shredded
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips semisweet
- 1/4 cup nuts chopped (optional)
- Grease & flour two 9” cake pans.
- Mix vinegar into kefir.
- Cream butter, oil, and sugar.
- Add eggs, vanilla and kefir.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, cocoa, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
- Blend sifted mixture into creamed mixture. Add zucchini.
- Pour batter into pans; sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts on top.
- Bake for 45 min. at 325 degrees.
- Course: Dessert
- Skill Level: Moderate