Cool, creamy and velvety on the tongue, our chilled avocado soup refreshes with a satisfying tanginess from our Redwood Hill Farm Kefir…even on the hottest summer days. It’s perfect for a quick entree soup for the family, or portioned into shot glasses and topped with grilled shrimp for a party-worthy appetizer.
Chilled Avocado Soup with Roasted Corn and Pico de Gallo Garnish
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
Avocado soup with made with probiotic Redwood Hill Farm Goat Milk Kefir and garnished with fresh Pico de Gallo relish
- 1 tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 ears corn roasted on a grill and removed from cob or 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 1 large tomato halved with seeds removed
- 1 small white onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 tsp jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 limes lime juice
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- 3 avocados ripe, pitted and peeled
- 2/3 cup Redwood Hill Farm Goat Milk Kefir
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or warm water
- To roast the corn on the stovetop, heat oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat. Add fresh or frozen and thawed corn kernels and cook 5 to 7 minutes, until the corn is golden and toasted. Set aside.
- To make the pico de gallo, chop tomato in to very small pieces and mix with onion, cilantro and jalapeno pepper. Stir in lime juice and roasted corn; add salt to taste and set aside.
- To make the soup, place avocados, peas, kefir, cilantro, onion, jalapeno and lime juice in a blender. Puree until smooth. Add warm water or chicken broth to thin out the soup. Add salt to taste.
- Divide soup between four or six bowls and top with Roasted Corn and Pico de Gallo Garnish. Serve with your favorite hot sauce.
- Course: Soup
- Skill Level: Easy