This very pale caramel frosting is a bit sticky, but it has an exquisite flavor! Of course we prefer it made with Redwood Hill Farm Goat Milk Kefir but you can substitute buttermilk as well. Delicious on Fruit and Spice Cake.
Recipe: Caramel Frosting with Kefir
Caramel Frosting with Kefir
- Yield: Enough to frost one cake or two loaves
- Ready In:
Delicious frosting spread onto your cooled cake while frosting is still warm
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Redwood Hill Farm Goat Milk Kefir or buttermilk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp corn syrup light
- 4 Tbsps butter
- 1/2 tsps vanilla or cognac vanilla
- Combine all the ingnredients except the vanilla in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a bol and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the syrup reaches 236°F on a candy thermometer or a spoonful of the syrup dropped in cold water immediately forms a soft ball, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Course: Dessert
- Skill Level: Easy