Fun to make, and fun to eat! Kids love to help make raspberry-honey “cheese.” Just mix in the berries and honey and drain overnight. Serve with gingersnap cookies.
Recipe: Raspberry Yogurt Cheese with Gingersnaps
Raspberry Yogurt Cheese with Gingersnaps
- Yield: 3 to 4 Servings
Children love helping in the kitchen! Teach kids to make delicious raspberry “cheese” by adding honey and raspberries to Redwood Hill Farm goat milk yogurt and then draining for an easy to make treat.
- 1-1⁄2 cups raspberries plus extra for garnishing
- 4 Tbsp. honey
- 3 cups Redwood Hill Farm Goat Milk Yogurt
- 12 gingersnaps
- Place the raspberries and 2 Tbsp. of the honey in a medium bowl and stir gently. Add the yogurt and carefully fold in the berries until thoroughly combined; some berries should remain whole.
- Place a large strainer or colander in a medium bowl and line it with four layers of cheesecloth or plain white paper towels, allowing the cloth to extend beyond the edge of the strainer. Spoon the yogurt mixture onto the cloth, cover loosely with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 8 hours and up to 16.
- Turn the yogurt cheese onto a serving plate and remove the cloth. Discard the drained liquid. Drizzle the remaining honey over the yogurt cheese.
- Use the gingersnaps as crackers, topping them with the cheese and extra berries.
- Course: Dessert
- Skill Level: Beginner