Recipe: Pumpkin Pie in the Sky Smoothie
Pumpkin Pie in the Sky Smoothie
- Yield: 5 (3 to 4 Servings)
- Ready In:
Makes one smoothie (approx. 10 oz.) Our favorite smoothie tastes like pumpkin pie in a glass—without the guilt of buttery pastry and whipped cream. Its cinnamon goodness is just that: a boost that’s anti-inflammatory and getting kudos for lessening the effects of carbohydrates on blood sugar levels. Our Redwood Hill Farm Plain Kefir adds just the right amount of creamy indulgence with the benefit of belly-friendly bacteria for easy digestibility.
- 1/2 cup Redwood Hill Farm Goat Milk Kefir plain
- 1/2 cup apple juice or cider, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling), unsweetened
- 1/2 banana medium, fresh or frozen (or 2 pitted dates)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbs. maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- 1/2 cup ice cubes (adjust to reach desired consistency)
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
PER SERVING: 365 CAL; 8G PROT; 8G TOTAL FAT (3G SAT. FAT); 69G CARB; 15MG CHOL; 156MG SOD; 6G FIBER; 33G SUGARS
- Top It Off: Add a couple of tablespoons of cinnamon granola (and a bit of candied ginger) to the top, grab a spoon, close your eyes and you’ll swear you’re enjoying Thanksgiving pumpkin pie.
- See our other kefir smoothie recipes, pictured above.
"Brainy Blueberry" and
- Course: Beverage
- Skill Level: Beginner