A robust potato & feta salad loaded with raw vegetables, and a lemony, fresh herb/anchovy vinaigrette. This recipe comes to us from Chef Rene Madrid, and the San Francisco Yacht Club in Belvedere.
Potato and Feta Salad with Fresh Garden Herbs
- Yield: 1 (6-8 Servings)
- Ready In:
from Chef Rene Madrid This recipe is courtesy of the San Francisco Yacht Club in Belvedere.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup dill fresh, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley fresh, chopped
- 1/2 red onion minced
- 1 tin flat anchovy fillets drained and minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 2 Tbsp oregano fresh, chopped
- pepper to taste
- 2 tsp lemon peel grated
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- salt to taste
- Salad Ingredients:
- 1 lb red potatoes (smallest you can find)
- 8 oz Redwood Hill Farm Raw Goat Milk Feta crumbled
- 1 bunch green onions thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 4 Roma tomatoes quartered
- 1 English cucumber seeded and sliced
- 10 Kalamata olives pitted and sliced
- 1 small head romaine lettuce cut into strips
- Combine the first 11 ingredients in Cuisinart and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Salad Instructions
- Cook potatoes in large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender, (about 15 minutes).
- Drain and cool. Cut potatoes in half.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add the rest of the salad ingredients and toss well with the dressing.
- Garnish with dill sprigs or mint sprigs and lemon wedges.
- Makes 6-8 servings.
- Course: Salad
- Skill Level: Beginner
Tags: Raw Milk Feta