Portobello Dumplings with Goat Cheese Sauce
- 3 large Portobello mushroom caps
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 5 green onions, sliced thin
- 3 ounces Redwood Hill Farm Chevre
- 24 won ton skins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Mix together vinegar, oil, garlic, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and marinate in the oil mixture for about 30 minutes.
- Grill over coals or on a grill pan for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Cut into a small dice and mix with the cheese and onions.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of filling in the center of each won ton skin and wet edges with water.
- Fold into a triangle and wet tip of long ends to seal together forming a dumpling.
- Steam for 5 minutes.
- Saut� one side of the dumpling in butter to brown.
- Course: Entrée