Grate some cheese, boil some water and stir – Voila! Smoked Goat Milk Cheddar Polenta! Make it ahead stovetop, then grill or bake before serving.
Polenta with Smoked Goat Milk Cheddar
- Yield: 3 to 4 Servings
From Richard Allen of Willowside Cafe, Santa Rosa, California This is a wonderful recipe from one of our local supporters.
- 3 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup polenta
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2/3 cup Redwood Hill Farm Smoked Goat Cheddar grated, or use Redwood Hill Farm Aged Goat Cheddar
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan or other grating cheese
- 3 ounces butter
- Add salt to boiling water. Slowly add polenta while whisking. Continue to whisk until polenta starts to thicken. Add butter and black pepper.
- When the polenta is very thick add the cheeses. The polenta should be very thick and pull away from the sides of the pot. Add any more salt or pepper if necessary.
- In a buttered mold or pan spread the polenta. Cool until set.
- Cut polenta into desired sizes or shapes.
- Grill or bake until warmed through.
- Course: Entrée
- Skill Level: Beginner