Recipe: Penne with Sun Dried Tomatoes, Shitake Mushrooms and Goat Cheese
Penne with Sun Dried Tomatoes, Shitake Mushrooms and Goat Cheese
- Yield: 5 (3 to 4 Servings)
- Ready In:
A customer in Florida who is a family chef graciously shared this recipe with us.
- 1 pound penne, reserve 1 cup of the cooking water
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, cut in julienne
- 1 cup shitake mushrooms, stems removed and cut in julienne slices
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper or to taste
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups fresh *arugula, cut into thin julienne
- 3 ounces Redwood Hill Farm Chevre
- Drain tomatoes reserving oil, cut into julienne if necessary. Add enough olive oil to the reserved oil to make 1/4 cup.
- In a large frying pan saute the tomatoes, mushrooms and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes or until mushrooms are lightly cooked, be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add wine and reduce by half.
- Add chicken stock and cook for 10 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, cook the penne according to package directions for al dente.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and add goat cheese, mixing until well combined.
- Add the drained pasta and arugula and mix until well incorporated.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Course: Entrée
- Skill Level: Beginner