Penne Pasta with Roasted Vegetables in a Redwood Hill Goat Cheese and Spinach Sauce
- Yield: 5 (3 to 4 Servings)
- Ready In:
from Jesse McQuarrie of Feast Bistro, Santa Rosa, CA Serve this pasta in shallow, wide bowls with a big spoon to scoop up the earthy, creamy sauce. Recipe serves 4. Prep ahead for fastest assembly.
- 1 lb. Penne pasta, boiled al dente, drained, cooled & tossed with a little oil to stop sticking
- 8 oven-roasted baby artichokes, or small can artichoke hearts, drained very well
- 2 roasted bell peppers, peeled & thickly sliced
- 12 oven-roasted Crimini mushrooms, halved
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil, in a large saute pan
- 2 minced shallots and 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 cups Chardonnay or other white wine
- 1 cup cream or half & half
- 6 ounces Redwood Hill Farm Chevre
- 1/2 bunch organic spinach cleaned, roots off
- Garnish: 4 tbsp. Chopped fresh basil &/or parsley, 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese, salt & pepper
- Put pot of water on to boil.
- Heat olive oil in pan; add artichokes, pepper, mushrooms, shallots and garlic, simmer 2 minutes.
- Add wine and reduce by half.
- Add cream and simmer, add chevre, stirring with wooden spoon.
- Lower cooked pasta and raw spinach into boiling water (only 10 seconds) and quickly drain.
- Toss gently with cream sauce, divide into 4 bowls and garnish.
- Course: Entrée
- Skill Level: Beginner