Kefir Sabayon & Butterscotch Bananas
- Yield: 5 (3 to 4 Servings)
Developed for Redwood Hill and Green Valley Organics Lactose Free by Chef Billy Brigsten. Based in New York, Chef Brigsten specializes in creating menus for restaurants and private clients that are free of allergens and full of things people love to eat.
- For the Sabayon:
- 4 eggs yolks
- 4 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice fresh squeezed
- For the Butterscotch Bananas:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Redwood Hill Farm Goat Milk Kefir (or Green Valley Organics Lactose Free Kefir)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 bananas cut in bite-sized pieces - 8 oz. total when peeled
- To make the Sabayon,
Place the bowl over a small pot of water at a low heat and whisk the yolks, juice, and maple until it is aerated and fluffy.
- Cool slightly and mix with 4 oz. of Green Valley Organics Plain Kefir or Redwood Hill Farm Goat Milk Kefir.
- To make the Butterscotch Bananas:
Bring the brown sugar, kefir and salt to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Let cool for one minute and then add two bananas that have been cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Swirl the banana around in the sauce to coat it nicely.
To assemble, layer the sabayon with the butterscotch bananas in a glass as you would a parfait.
- Course: Dessert
- Skill Level: Beginner