Looking for a quick and simple appetizer using raw milk cheese and showcasing our Raw Milk Feta?
Here we present two options – hot or cold. For the hot, guests scoop up the oozy goodness of roasted feta with herbs and olive oil with slices of crusty bread. The cold version is simply cubed feta in olive oil with fresh ground black pepper, herbs and curls of lemon zest, served with toothpicks. C’est Simple!
Herbed Raw Milk Feta
- Yield: 1 (3 to 4 Servings)
- Ready In:
A very simple, easy-to-prepare appetizer that you can make in minutes! Two options: hot or cold.
- 6 oz Raw Milk Feta Goat Cheese
- 1 tsp Oregano dried, Greek
- 11 tbs Extra virgin olive oil May adjust to taste
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper freshly ground
- lemon zest
- Place one slice of Redwood Hill Farm's Raw Milk Feta in a small baking dish or ovenproof serving dish.
- Crush the dried herbs between your fingers and sprinkle on top of the cheese. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
- Drizzle the extra virgin olive oil on top. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately with crusty bread. Or, try this version with our award-winning feta cubed: Cube 6 oz. of Redwood Hill Farm's Raw Goat Milk Feta and place in a small bowl.
- Crush the dried herbs between your fingers and sprinkle on top of the cheese. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and curls of lemon zest. Drizzle the extra virgin olive oil over the cheese and gently stir.
- Spoon onto a small dish and serve with toothpicks as an appetizer. Garnish with olives and roasted red peppers if you wish.
- Course: Appetizer
- Skill Level: Beginner