Recipe: Grilled Figs with Goat Cheese and Prosciutto
Grilled Figs with Goat Cheese and Prosciutto
- Yield: 5 (3 to 4 Servings)
- Ready In:
From Chef Jesse Cool, Flea Street Cafe, Menlo Park This is a Fall Menu item on our menu at Flea St.; a perfect complement to begin a meal with a glass of top quality California sparkling wine. Recipe courtesy of Chef Jesse Cool, Flea Street Cafe, Menlo Park and as presented at the Sixth Annual Festival of Goat Cheese & North Coast Wine.
- 8 medium ripe figs
- 2-3 oz Redwood Hill Farm Chèvre
- 1/2 - 1 tsp. rosemary fresh, chopped
- 1-2 tsp. chives fresh, chopped
- black pepper freshly ground, to taste
- 4 thin slices Prosciutto or salty smoked ham
- Raspberries or blackberries to garnish
- Cut figs in half, partially leaving one side intact.
- In a small bowl, combine the ch�vre, rosemary, and chives.
- Place a small amount of the ch�vre mixture in the center of the fig and press the sides together.
- Wrap each fig with half a piece of Prosciutto.
- Warm for a few minutes, turning once or twice over hot coals, under the broiler, or in a very hot oven.
- Serve on a platter with fresh berries.
Serves 4 as an appetizer
- Course: Appetizer
- Skill Level: Beginner