Enjoy the bold Mediterranean flavors in this classic quiche, which uses both our goat milk cheddar and yogurt in the custard.
Goat Milk Yogurt and Cheese Quiche
- Yield: 1 (6-8 Servings)
- Ready In:
The deep intensity of the sundried tomatoes and rich yogurt custard make this truly and outstanding quiche.
- 1 unbaked pie crust fitted into a 9-inch quiche or pie pan
- 1 cup Redwood Hill farm Goat Cheddar grated. Or may use Gruyere or Fontina
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes in olive oil
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed oregano, basil, black pepper and a dash of cayenne to taste
- 4 egg(s)
- 1 cup Redwood Hill Farm Goat Milk Yogurt plain flavor
- 1 cup milk
- Saute the onions and garlic in the butter.
- Add mushrooms and continue to saute.
- Add spices to taste.
- Place the grated cheese on the bottom of the unbaked pie crust in the quiche pan.
- Chop the sundried tomatoes and sprinkle them on top of the cheese.
- Add the mushroom saute.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, and then blend in yogurt and goat milk.
- Pour the egg/yogurt mixture on top of ingredients in pie crust.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Course: Entrée
- Skill Level: Beginner