Recipe: Goat Cheese Profiteroles
Goat Cheese Profiteroles
- Yield: 5 (3 to 4 Servings)
- Ready In:
From Isa Caterer & Event Maker, Glen Ellen, CA
- 4 tbsp butter unsalted
- salt pinch
- cayenne pinch (optional)
- 2/3 cup flour all-purpose, sifted
- 3 egg(s) room temperature
- 6 oz Redwood Hill Farm Chèvre plain or 3-peppercorn
- 1/2 cup vegetables finely diced: any combination of red peppers, celery, cucumbers, chives, red onion, carrot, olives, and tomatoes
- Prepare the Profiteroles
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, bring butter and salt and cayenne and 2/3 of a cup of water to a boil.
- Add flour all at once and stir briskly with a wooden spoon to form soft dough.
- Continue stirring over medium heat for 2 minutes to dry out dough.
- Turn off heat and add one egg at a time, beating well after each addition until eggs are totally absorbed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or butter and flour the baking sheet, or pipe with a pastry bag 26 evenly spaced equal size little mounds of the choux dough.
- Bake for 10 minutes then reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue baking about 20 minutes until puffs are golden brown.
- Prepare the Chevre Filling
- Mash the chevre until smooth.
- Stir in diced vegetables.
- Slice profiteroles in half and fill bottom half with mixture.
- Serve with fresh tomato soup or salad.
- Course: Appetizer
- Skill Level: Beginner