Choose our Redwood Hill Farm Raw Milk Feta, Aged Cheddar, or Chevre, along with toppings of your choice on this home-made pizza. Use your food processor for the dough, and plan to let it rise for 1-2 hours.
Goat Cheese Pizza
- Yield: 1 (3 to 4 Servings)
- Ready In:
Once you have mastered pizza dough, the possibilities for pizza and calzone are endless! A food processor can simplify making the dough. You will also need a large pizza pan or pizza stone.
- 1 teaspoon honey or sugar
- 2 Tbsp yeast
- 3 cups unbleached white flour
- dash salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Pizza sauce of choice (try pesto)
- 8 ounces Aged Cheddar Goat Cheese shredded (or may use crumpled Feta or Chevre)
- 1 1/2 cups topping of choice: sliced bell peppers or roasted red peppers, caramelized onions, sauted mushrooms, eggplant, chopped olives, sundried tomatoes or anchovies
- Dissolve honey or sugar in 1 cup warm water (100 degrees). Add yeast, and set in a warm place for about ten minutes. Foam will form on the surface of the yeast.
- Meanwhile, put the flour into the food processor (using metal blade) with a dash of salt. Drizzle in the olive oil, followed by the yeast mixture. When the dough forms a ball (motor will begin to slow down), place it in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let it rise in a warm place for 1-2 hours.
- Punch down and roll into desired shape.
- Cover the surface of the dough with sauce, and top with 8 ounces of Redwood Hill Farm goat cheese and toppings of choice.
- Bake in preheated 500 degree oven for 10-14 minutes until crust turns golden.
- Course: Entrée
- Skill Level: Beginner