Goat Cheese Pear Salad
- Yield: 5 (3 to 4 Servings)
- Ready In:
From Hiro Sone Courtesy of the Food Network, here is an easy and delicious recipe.
- 2/3 cup Redwood Hill Farm Chèvre crumbled
- 12 cup mesclun loosely packed
- 1 bosc pear quartered lengthwise, remove core, slice to 1/8-inch thick
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup diced pancetta about 1/4-inch squares
- 1/2 tsp garlic chopped
- 2 Tblsp tomato fresh, chopped
- 2 Tblsp parsley chopped
- 1 Tblsp + 4 tsp vinegar zinfandel
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 4 tsp pine nuts toasted
- Place the goat cheese, mesclun and pear in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat the oil and pancetta in a medium sauté pan on high heat until the pancetta just starts to brown.
- Remove from heat. Add the garlic and quickly shake the pan until the garlic starts to brown.
- Add the tomato and parsley and combine well.
- Add the zin vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Return to high heat and boil.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the mesclun mixture and toss well.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts and serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- Course: Salad
- Skill Level: Beginner
Tags: Fresh Chèvre