Recipe: Goat Cheese and Mushroom Fondue Recipe
- Yield: 1 (4 Servings)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 pound mushrooms button, sliced
- 1/2 pound mushrooms chantrelle, sliced
- 1/4 pound mushrooms shitake, sliced
- 2 Tbsp fresh herbs chopped (thyme, parsley, sage)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cups Redwood Hill Farm Smoked Goat Cheddar grated. (Or use Redwood Hill Farm Aged Goat Cheddar)
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, mushrooms, herbs, salt and pepper. Cook about 8 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender. Set aside.
- In a stainless steel pan, combine wine and cornstarch and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat. Add cheese and stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and add mushroom mixture, stirring until well incorporated.
- Serve in a fondue pot accompanied by cut-up vegetables or fruit, grilled eggplant slices, or day-old bread, cut in cubes.
- Serves 4 appetizer servings.
- Course: Side Dish
Tags: Goat Milk Cheddars