Fresh fava beans, apples and goat cheddar fill buttery layers of filo dough pastry in this impressive fresh Spring tart.
Recipe: Filo Dough Layered with Apples, Puree of Fava Beans and Goat Cheddar
Filo Dough Layered with Apples, Puree of Fava Beans and Goat Cheddar
- Yield: 1 (6-8 Servings)
- Ready In:
From Chef Madeleine Jordan, The Old Milano Hotel & Restaurant , Gualala, CA As presented at the Sixth Annual Festival of Goat Cheese & North Coast Wine.
- 16-18 sheets Filo dough brush both sides with butter
- 1/4 lb. Butter
- 3 lbs Fava beans, par boiled, shells removed
- 1/2 lb. Redwood Hill Farm Goat Cheddar shredded
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp tarragon fresh, chopped
- 6 medium apples (Gravensteins are good) cored and sliced thin
- Puree fava beans, olive oil, garlic, and tarragon together.
- To assemble, place half the filo sheets on bottom of a large sheet pan. Layer apples on bottom, fava bean puree in middle, then cheddar cheese. Top with remaining filo sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Cut into triangles for serving.
- Course: Appetizer
- Skill Level: Beginner