Fresh fava beans, apples and goat cheddar fill buttery layers of filo dough pastry in this impressive fresh Spring tart.
Filo Dough Layered with Apples, Puree of Fava Beans and Goat Cheddar
- Yield: 1 (6-8 Servings)
- Ready In:
From Chef Madeleine Jordan, The Old Milano Hotel & Restaurant , Gualala, CA As presented at the Sixth Annual Festival of Goat Cheese & North Coast Wine.
- 16-18 sheets Filo dough brush both sides with butter
- 1/4 lb. Butter
- 3 lbs Fava beans, par boiled, shells removed
- 1/2 lb. Redwood Hill Farm Goat Cheddar shredded
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp tarragon fresh, chopped
- 6 medium apples (Gravensteins are good) cored and sliced thin
- Puree fava beans, olive oil, garlic, and tarragon together.
- To assemble, place half the filo sheets on bottom of a large sheet pan. Layer apples on bottom, fava bean puree in middle, then cheddar cheese. Top with remaining filo sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Cut into triangles for serving.
- Course: Appetizer
- Skill Level: Beginner