Be sure to have some fresh bagels on hand when making this delicious herbed goat milk yogurt “cream cheese.”
Everything Cream Cheese
- Yield: 5 (3 to 4 Servings)
It's fun to make your own herb-flavored "cream cheese" using goat milk yogurt. Don't forget to have some fresh bagels on-hand!
- 1-32 ounce Redwood Hill Farm Goat Milk Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Special Equipment:
- Fine mesh strainer
- Place the yogurt in a cheesecloth lined mesh strainer resting in a bowl. Fold over the cheesecloth and place something heavy (like a spaghetti squash or a pan full of water) on the yogurt. Don't skip this. It needs weight on top. Place in the refrigerator and let strain for at least 24 hours and up to 36. Stir once or twice during that time.
- Scrape the strained yogurt from the cheesecloth into a bowl and stir in desired mix-ins. Refrigerate one hour to allow flavors to blend. It's that easy - Enjoy!
- Course: Appetizer
- Skill Level: Beginner
Tags: Goat Milk Yogurt