Recipe: Composed Salad with Chèvre or Crottin
Composed Salad with Chèvre or Crottin
- Yield: 5 (3 to 4 Servings)
- Ready In:
Warm goat cheese can make a simple salad elegant and delicious. Salad with warm goat cheese is found almost everywhere in France, and now it is beginning to be common in the United States as well!
- Redwood Hill Farm California Crottin any flavor
- Redwood Hill Farm California Crottin
- Salad greens
- Your favorite dressing
- Remove chevre from container and pat into small rounds or cut a California Crottin in half so that you have two cylindrically shaped pieces that are equal in height.
- Coat in olive oil and bread crumbs or walnut oil and chopped walnuts.
- Place on foil in 350 degree oven for three to five minutes, until cheese is starting to soften.
- Toss salad greens with dressing.
- Divide on individual plates.
- Remove cheese from oven and top each salad with one round.
- Course: Salad
- Skill Level: Beginner