This simple salad topped with warmed goat cheese is a popular menu item in France. Use either our fresh Chevre, California Crottin or Terra.
Composed Salad with Chèvre or Crottin
- Yield: 2 Servings
You may use either fresh Chevre or California Crottin for this salad. Warm goat cheese can make a simple salad elegant and delicious. Salad with warm goat cheese is found almost everywhere in France, and now it is beginning to be common in the United States as well!
- 1 California Crottin Goat Cheese or Terra Goat Cheese
- 1 4oz. Tub Chevre Goat Cheese
- Salad greens
- Vinaigrette dressing:
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1/4 tsp. Dry powdered mustard
- 3/4 tsp. Sugar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Remove chevre from container and pat into small rounds or cut a California Crottin or Terra in half so that you have two cylindrically shaped pieces that are equal in height. (If your are using Terra, you can halve each cut piece and have enough cheese for 4 servings.)
- Coat in olive oil and bread crumbs or walnut oil and chopped walnuts.
- Place on foil in 350 degree oven for three to five minutes, until cheese is starting to soften.
- Toss salad greens with dressing. The amount of ingredients for your vinaigrette depends on how many people you are serving and how much salad you intend to serve them. These are only approximate measurements and is enought for 2-4 individual salad servings.
- Divide on individual plates.
- Remove cheese from oven and top each salad with one round.
- Course: Salad
- Skill Level: Beginner
Tags: Fresh Chèvre