This simple salad topped with warmed goat cheese is a popular menu item in France. Use either our fresh Chevre or California Crottin.
Composed Salad with Chèvre or Crottin
- Yield: 2 Servings
You may use either fresh Chevre or California Crottin for this salad. Warm goat cheese can make a simple salad elegant and delicious. Salad with warm goat cheese is found almost everywhere in France, and now it is beginning to be common in the United States as well!
- 1 Redwood Hill Farm California Crottin
- 1 4oz. Tub Chevre Goat Cheese
- Salad greens
- Your favorite dressing
- Remove chevre from container and pat into small rounds or cut a California Crottin in half so that you have two cylindrically shaped pieces that are equal in height.
- Coat in olive oil and bread crumbs or walnut oil and chopped walnuts.
- Place on foil in 350 degree oven for three to five minutes, until cheese is starting to soften.
- Toss salad greens with dressing.
- Divide on individual plates.
- Remove cheese from oven and top each salad with one round.
- Course: Salad
- Skill Level: Beginner
Tags: Fresh Chèvre