Yogurt pulls double-duty in this recipe, by flavoring the chicken, and providing the sauce at the end. This recipe can be made hours ahead, letting the chicken marinate in the yogurt, or baked right away.
Chicken with Yogurt and Mustard
- Yield: 5 (3 to 4 Servings)
- Ready In:
From Lydie Marshall, Cooking Teacher
- 1 1/2 cup Redwood Hill Farm Goat Milk Yogurt plain flavor
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lbs. Chicken parts
- Position rack in middle of oven; preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together the yogurt, mustard, salt and pepper. Spoon into a 7 x 11 inch glass baking dish. Add the chicken parts, turning them to coat with the yogurt mixture.
- If you are preparing the chicken several hours ahead, cover the pan and refrigerate. If baking right away, leave uncovered.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the chicken pieces are golden brown, the juices run clear and flesh shows no signs of pink at the bone.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving platter. Scrape the curdled yogurt mixture in the baking pan into a blender; blend until smooth. Pour over the chicken.
Serve with noodles and a green salad.
- Course: Entrée
- Skill Level: Beginner