Chèvre Crostini with Chili Jam, Onions and Basil
- Yield: 4 (3 to 4 Servings)
- Ready In:
from Relish Culinary School, Healdsburg, CA
- 5 oz Redwood Hill Farm Chèvre plain flavor
- 3 Tbsp Chili Jam Tierra Farm Blend or brand of your choice
- 1 Tbsp whipping cream or half and half
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 oz smoked red onion Tierra, or brand of your choice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp vinegar balsamic
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 6 whole basil leaves julienned
- 16 slices baguette sweet or sour
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Place the chèvre and the chili jam in a bowl of a standing mixer and mix until blended. Add the whipping cream and salt. Set aside.
- Place the smoked onions in a small sauce pan, over low heat, with just enough water to cover. Simmer onion until soft.
- Drain onions and sautè in olive oil for 5-8 minutes. Add the balsamic vinegar. Cook 3-5 minutes. Add salt to taste. Allow onions to cool and chop into small pieces
- Arrange the bread slices on a sheet pan. Brush olive oil on one side and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in a preheated 350 F oven. Bake for 10 minutes, turning the slices after 5 minutes.
- Spread the chèvre cheese mix on the baguette. Garnish with smoked onion pieces and julienned basil.
Serves 6 as an appetizer
- Course: Appetizer
- Skill Level: Beginner