Brainy Blueberry Smoothie
- Yield: 5 (3 to 4 Servings)
- Ready In:
Makes one smoothie (approx. 10 oz.) Need a little brain boost? Don’t get blue; enjoy a healthy helping of blueberries, known for their phytochemical prowess and antioxidants, both thought to improve cognitive function. Combine with walnuts for their essential fatty acids and our easy-to-digest Redwood Hill Farm Plain Goat Milk Kefir for a thoughtful drink that will have you pondering (and answering) the meaning of life in no time.
- 1/2 cup Redwood Hill Farm Goat Milk Kefir plain
- 1/2 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup blueberry, pomegranate, or orange juice unsweetened
- 1/2 banana medium, fresh or frozen
- 2 Tbs. walnuts (about 6 halves)
- 1/2 cup ice cubes, adjust to reach desired consistency
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
PER SERVING: 256 CAL; 7G PROT; 12G TOTAL FAT (3G SAT. FAT); 34G CARB; 15MG CHOL; 90MG SOD; 3G FIBER; 22G SUGARS
- Bigger Boost: Add a teaspoon of lecithin per serving, a natural source of choline required by the body to support nervous system health, brain function, and heart and liver health.
- See our other kefir smoothie recipes, pictured above.
"Pumpkin Pie in the Sky" and
- Course: Beverage
- Skill Level: Beginner
Tags: Goat Milk Kefir