Blueberry Yogurt Ice Cream
- Yield: 5 (3 to 4 Servings)
- Ready In:
This is a lower fat, refreshing and deliciously tangy ice cream!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream, cold
- 1 cup plain goat milk yogurt, cold
- kosher salt
- Combine the sugar and 1/4 cup water in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Whisk constantly until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Add the blueberries, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. Cook until the berries become tender, and then mash the berries to release their purple juices.
- Simmer 5-10 minutes. T
- Transfer the berry syrup to a large bowl and chill.
- Pour the cream and yogurt into the cold berry mixture. Stir to combine.
- Freeze in an ice cream machine according to the manufacturer�s directions.
- Before serving, let the fresh ice cream set in the freezer for about 20 minutes. If you must save your homemade ice cream for another day, freeze it in small, airtight containers to retain its texture.
- After its hibernation in the freezer, let ice cream soften on the counter for 10-20 minutes and then stir before serving.
Makes about 1 quart.
- Course: Dessert
- Skill Level: Beginner