Recipe: Beef Wellington
- Yield: 5 (3 to 4 Servings)
- Ready In:
from Pam Montez, Redwood Hill Farm Customer
- 1 lb round steak
- 1 can mushrooms, or use fresh
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tub Redwood Hill Farm Chèvre plain
- 1 box of puff pastries (two sheets) or two cans of biscuits
- Garlic, salt, and pepper for taste
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- Cut steak into very small pieces (1/8 x 1/8"). Marinate in 1/2 cup of white wine, some salt, olive oil, oregano, garlic and black pepper for about 1 hour.
- Simmer the steak in marinade sauce and add the mushrooms. Add another 1/2 cup of wine. Cook slowly, about 1/2 hour, to tenderize the meat.
- Roll out puff pastries or biscuits, on lightly floured sheet.
- Spread chèvre cheese on pastry sheet (cut into eighths) or onto rolled out biscuits. Add beef and mushrooms.
- Roll-up each if using biscuits or if using puff pastry, fold over into a square.
- For puff pastries: After folded, lightly spread olive oil over the top and sprinkle with garlic (LIGHTLY) and oregano.
- For biscuits: Use egg white wash, and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until done (375 oven for approximately 25 to 35 min).
- Au Jus
Make your own au jus by using the juices for the cooked beef. Add 1 more cup of wine, (use a good drinking wine for all the marinating, the cooking, and the au jus) and 1 beef bouillon cube. Let simmer while the Wellington's are cooking. Dip Wellingtons in au jus.
- Makes approximately 16 Wellingtons
- Course: Entrée
- Skill Level: Beginner