Makes one smoothie (approx. 10 oz.)
favorite smoothie tastes like pumpkin pie in a glass—without the guilt of
buttery pastry and whipped cream. Its cinnamon goodness is just that: a boost
that’s anti-inflammatory and getting kudos for lessening the effects of
carbohydrates on blood sugar levels. Our Redwood Hill Farm Plain Kefir adds just the right amount of creamy indulgence
with the benefit of belly-friendly bacteria for easy digestibility.
- 1/2 cup Redwood Hill Farm Plain Kefir
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice or cider
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 medium fresh or frozen banana or 2 pitted dates
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbs. sweetener of choice (we like maple syrup)
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. ground cinnamon (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- 1/2 cup ice cubes (adjust to reach desired consistency)
Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
PER SERVING: 365 CAL; 8G PROT; 8G TOTAL FAT (3G SAT. FAT); 69G CARB; 15MG CHOL; 156MG SOD; 6G FIBER; 33G SUGARS
Off: Add a couple of tablespoons of cinnamon granola (and a bit
of candied ginger) to the top, grab a spoon, close your eyes and you’ll swear
you’re enjoying Thanksgiving pumpkin pie.
See our other kefir smoothie recipes, pictured above.