from Chef Rene Madrid
This recipe is courtesy of the San Francisco Yacht Club in Belvedere.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 small red onion, minced
- 1 tin flat anchovy fillets, drained and minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. each of chopped fresh oregano and mint
- 2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all above ingredients in Cuisinart and process until smooth. Set aside.
- 1 lb. small red potatoes (smallest you can find)
- 8 oz. Redwood Hill Feta, crumbled
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper; thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper; thinly sliced
- 4 Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 English cucumber; seeded and sliced
- 10 Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 small head of Romaine lettuce, cut into strips
- Cook potatoes in large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender, (about 15 minutes).
- Drain and cool. Cut potatoes in half.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add the rest of the salad ingredients and toss well with the dressing.
- Garnish with dill sprigs or mint sprigs and lemon wedges.
Makes 6-8 servings.