To all Redwood Hill Farms employees,
We are excited to announce that Redwood Hill Farms will soon move its email and calendar platform to Google Apps. With Google Apps, we’ll gain the benefits of a robust and innovative feature set, the ability to access email and calendar services from any Internet-connected computer, much more storage capacity, and lower infrastructure and support costs. What’s more, Google Apps is easy to use, and we think you’ll find it to be a more efficient way to manage your email and calendar!
You’ll receive additional announcements as we begin switching employees’ accounts to Google Apps. But don’t worry, you won’t lose important data, and your email address won’t change! Below is an overview guide for getting support with the transition.
Welcome to Google Apps Video
Accessing Your Account
To access your email over the web, go to:
- link: http://email.RedwoodHill.com
- login: complete company email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- password: use temp password provided by Atanas (once you have logged in, you will be asked to reset your password to something secure and personal)
Setting Up Your Email
You have several options to check your email…
Webmail (Web Browser: Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
This is the recommend way of using your new email. You simple login at the below link and all your email is there, as well as once click access to other services such as calendar, documents and chat. Google Apps email is powered by gMail, so if you’ve used gMail then you’ll be instantly comfortable here.
Desktop Client (Outlook or Apple Mail)
If you are comfortable in Outlook or Apple Mail, you can check your email with those clients using the IMAP standard for mail synchronizing. Once setup, your email will by in sync with webmail, so you can move seamlessly between your computer, the web browser and your mobile devices.
To setup Outlook or Apple Mail, you must first login to the webmail above and turn on IMAP service. Once this is activated, then you can continue with setup in Outlook or Apple Mail. Here are instructions:
Mobile Devices (Android and iPhone/iPad)
You have two options here. You can either use the Gmail App or you can use your devices mobile client (such as Apple Mail for iPhone/iPad).
- Use the gMail Mobile App: downloadable from the Google Play store or the Apple iTunes store
- Use Apple Mail for iOS: Follow the above instructions for setting up IMAP. The link above provides instructions on setting up mobile devices.
Advanced: Using Calendar, Docs and Chat
Here are some links to explore other Apps that you will find useful:
- Calendar: http://learn.googleapps.com/calendar
- Docs/Spreadsheets: http://learn.googleapps.com/docs
- Chat/Video: http://learn.googleapps.com/chat
Complete Training Resources
Key Benefits of Google Apps
- Access services from anywhere, anytime: Get your email, calendar, contacts, and documents from any computer, anywhere.
- Lots of storage: You get a full 25 GB of online storage for your email, so you never have to delete a message.
- Enhanced message organization and retrieval: With Google Mail, you can label your messages in multiple ways to organize and store them more efficiently. And with the Google-powered search feature, you can find any message quickly and easily.
- Easy calendar sharing: You can quickly and easily share your calendar with your coworkers and specify the details you want to show. Calendar sharing is a great way for you and your coworkers to keep each other informed about your schedules.
- Personalized mailing lists: With Google Groups, you can manage your own subscriptions to mailing lists — called groups — without the need to make requests to the IT Department. You can even create your own groups for your projects, teams, special-interest groups, and more. Not only do groups make it easier to send email and calendar invitations to groups of people but they also simplify access management for your shared Google documents, sites, videos, and calendars!
- Real-time collaboration: With Google Docs, you can create documents, spreadsheets, and presentations, and you and your team members can view and edit them all at the same time.
- Integrated chat — With the Google Talk instant messaging application, you can communicate instantly with your coworkers right from the Email interface. In addition, all your chats are automatically saved in your Email application, so you can always retrieve important information.
- Easy-to-build team web sites — With Google Sites, your team has the ability to quickly publish a robust internal web site on which to gather all sorts of shared information, such as documents, spreadsheets, presentations, files, and videos. You can even embed Google calendars and other gadgets on your site!
- Powerful video sharing — Using Google Video for business, you can easily share videos with your team or throughout Redwood Hill Farms for a whole new level of communication and collaboration.