Deliciously creamy ice cream with less fat than commercial French Vanilla when
you use whole goat milk.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 8 cups goat milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsps. vanilla extract
- Mix sugar, cornstarch and salt in top of double boiler.
- Gradually whisk in 4 cups of milk, cooking over the boiling water, stirring until it thickens, 12 to 15 minutes.
- In separate bowl beat the eggs well and add a small amount of the hot milk mix, stirring constantly so that the eggs do not curdle.
- Add all the egg mix into the milk mix and continue for another 4 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Chill thoroughly, preferably overnight. This will improve the texture and allow the flavors to blend.
- Pour the cold milk and egg (custard) mix, vanilla and the rest of the milk (4 cups) into an ice cream freezer and follow directions for your freezer.
Makes about 3 pints