Our Certified Organic Creamery
Why are our products not labeled organic, when our creamery is Certified Organic? Many of our practices at our farm are in accordance with organic standards. However, we are unable to source an appropriate amount of organic feed for our goats and are therefore not certified organic at this time.
Our Natural Approach to Farming
At Redwood Hill Farm we believe in a natural approach to animal husbandry and our dairy goats are raised “free range” and humanely on our dairy goat farm. All have names, distinct personalities and a good life here on the farm.
- No growth hormones of any kind are ever used.
- No hormones such as BST are used to increase milk production.
- Milk from cloned dairy goats is not allowed and will not be purchased by Redwood Hill Farm & Creamery.
- For fly control, we use biological insects and trapping.
- If a goat ever requires medication, the milk is discarded long after the recommended time and tested to insure no drugs enter the human food chain.
We’re dedicated to supporting a natural approach to making our award winning goat milk products, and to farming our gardens and fruit orchards.
- No pesticides or herbicides of any kind are used on the dairy goat farm, vegetable gardens, or our fruit orchard.